The Jefferson Chamber extends sincere and bittersweet congratulations to Dr. Cade Brumley, newly elected Louisiana State Superintendent of Education. As Jefferson Parish School System Superintendent, Dr. Brumley successfully lead Louisiana’s largest school system with 51,000 students across 82 schools. His commitment to every student, parent, educator and community partner is steady, approachable and proactive.
“In a short period of time, Cade has demonstrated the ability to work with a variety of people. He has also shown great determination in providing methodical planning to make tough choices that have one beneficiary – the student,” said Todd Murphy, President of the Jefferson Chamber.
Dr. Brumley accomplished critical feats during his two years as Jefferson Parish Superintendent and every success improved and accelerated our Jefferson Parish school system.
Highlighted below are a few of his significant accomplishments:
- District Performance Score (DPS) increased after four years of decline
- Improved Cohort Graduation Rate following years of decline
- Career and Technical Education (CTE) credentials raised by 62%
- College credits through Advanced Placement (AP) & Dual Enrollment (DE) up 51%
- Workforce Ready (WorkKeys) students increased by 182%
- Retained 92% of Effective Educators as determined by LADoE Evaluation
- Prioritized teacher pay, passing a parish millage by a margin of 72% for first teacher raise in decade
- Implemented a living wage for all support employees ($15 per hour equivalency)
“We have said this publicly in the past and say it again today: Cade Brumley is the Drew Brees of Education and he will bring that same spirit of high standards, accountability, and communication to the State Department of Education,” continued Murphy.
The Jefferson Chamber is encouraged and excited to have Dr. Brumley at the helm of Louisiana’s Education System. We look forward to working with him as he continues strengthening Louisiana schools, but will miss his leadership and dedication on the Parish level.