CLICK HERE TO APPLY FOR LEADERSHIP JEFFERSON!
Application Deadline for the Class of 2021 is July 31, 2020.
A virtual Leadership Jefferson informational session was held on July 7. A recording of the informational session can be viewed HERE.
Leadership Jefferson is a nine-month program designed to develop a diverse network of dedicated business and community leaders. Facilitated by a professional leadership team, the interactive workshops expose participants to local leaders and activists working to resolve critical issues facing Jefferson Parish. Specific session topics include education, healthcare, quality of life concerns, criminal justice, diversity, community involvement and economic development.
The application process takes place each June and is a benefit for members of the Jefferson Chamber. A company MUST be a member of the Jefferson Chamber in order to submit an application. For further questions, please contact Alicia Frazier at email@example.com.
Quality of Life
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
Leadership Jefferson Socials
Holiday Social 2019
Alumni Dinner 2019
Class of 2020 Meet & Greet
What Leadership Jefferson Graduates are saying…
As someone who recently moved to Louisiana, the Leadership Jefferson program gave me the opportunity to see how as leaders, we can make a difference in our local community.’
– Matt Dixon, New Orleans Saints & Pelicans
Leadership Jefferson Class of 2019
I would grade my overall Leadership Jefferson experience as an A+. The sessions were diverse and included top notch presenters and the Sloane group, along with the Jefferson Chamber staff, did an outstanding job of facilitating. With that said the biggest takeaway for me were the relationships built. I was able to spend 10 months with the leaders and future leaders of Jefferson Parish across all spectrums of industry. The bonds built will last for years to come and I look forward to the future of the parish with the Leadership class of 2017.”
– Troy Roussel, Cox Business
Leadership Jefferson Class of 2017
After moving to New Orleans after graduate studies to pursue the first stages of my career, I was focused on acclimating professionally and personally in a town where I was know as a “transplant” so, I volunteered through various organizations, but, finally, after 10 years of being a transplanted New Orleanian I had the opportunity to be in the 2019 class of Leadership Jefferson, and less than half way through the 9 month program, I had what I humorously annotate as a DNA mutation and the gene for civic responsibility decided to emerge–and now I look forward to spending the next 10 years and beyond being involved in our wonderful community of Jefferson Parish in a new, more engaged way, more than my volunteerism previously did…and the best part, I have a whole krewe of Leaders/Classmates to lovingly stand beside and serve this community.
– Mona Chawla, Tulane Health System
Leadership Jefferson Class of 2019
Leadership Jefferson Announces Class of 2020
This year’s class is a diverse group of business leaders from the community:
- Emily Anderson, Jefferson Chamber
- Jose Araujo, Bourgeois Bennett, CPAs & Consultants
- Lou Bartels, Fidelity Bank/NOLA Lending Group
- Dominique Becnel, Gambel Communications
- Sara Bradford, GNO, Inc.
- Valerie Brolin, Jefferson Parish
- Zach Butterworth, Adams & Reese
- Lauryn Donaldson, Ochsner Health System
- Joshua Dupuis, Acadian Ambulance
- Michelle Gonzales, Rostan
- Nick Gremillion, Peoples Health
- Kevin Gutierrez, Louisiana Association of Public Charter Schools
- Alyssa Herbert, Metairie Bank & Trust
- Casey Hunnicutt, BW Terminals
- Celeste Favrot, 1st Lake Properties/Favrot & Shane Co.
- Michael Flowers, Michael Flowers Insurance Agency, LLC
- Derrick James, New Orleans Pelicans
- Mary Martens, JEDCO
- Mallary Matherne, Renaissance Publishing
- Daniel Maurin, IBERIABANK
- Brad Melancon, OUTFRONT Media
- Gabe Misfeldt, Jefferson Parish Schools
- Michael Morse, Postlethwaite & Netterville, APAC
- Tricia Phillpott, Lakeside Shopping Center
- Tiana Randolph, InclusivCare
- Melody Reed, United Way of Southeast Louisiana
- Daniel Russo, OnPath Federal Credit Union
- Shelsey Salgado, New Horizons Computer Learning Centers
- Billy Schmidt, First American Bank & Trust
- Teasha Sepulveda, Jefferson Financial Federal Credit Union
- Beau Tichenor, Atmos Energy, Inc.
- Roselle Ungar, Jewish Family Services of Greater New Orleans
- Anjea Vindel, Northwestern Mutual