METAIRIE, LA – The Jefferson Chamber Foundation’s Leadership Jefferson program graduated its 2021 class and celebrated its 2020 class during a ceremony at The Moore in Harahan on June 8. Leadership Jefferson is a nine-month program designed to develop a diverse network of dedicated business and community leaders with the capacity to improve the quality of life for all citizens in Jefferson Parish and the Greater New Orleans region.
Due to COVID-19, the Class of 2020 received their graduation plaques at their Closing Retreat. They were invited to attend this celebration with the Class of 2021.
Facilitated by a professional leadership team, the interactive workshops expose participants to local leaders and activists working to resolve critical issues facing Jefferson Parish. Leadership Jefferson utilizes several personal, social, and civic developmental processes as part of its program. Specific session topics include education, healthcare, quality of life concerns, criminal justice, diversity and economic development.
Leadership Jefferson offers its participants networking opportunities, enhanced understanding of the challenges and opportunities facing Jefferson Parish, and an opportunity to become more actively involved in working to improve Jefferson Parish.
Leadership Jefferson 2021 Graduates:
- Kevin Bohrer, Postlethwaite & Netterville
- JoLena Broussard, Cornerstone
- Ron Childress, Tulane Health System
- Angela Comstock, Ohio Management, LLC
- Philicia Douglas, New Orleans Saints & Pelicans
- Christopher Dupre, Palmisano, LLC
- Rob Folse, Design the Planet, LLC
- Steven Guillory, Chamberlain University
- Tiffanie Hartenstein, Oracle Lighting
- Kristen Hillburn, Trane
- Ann Johnson, Entergy Louisiana
- Josefine Kelly, Peoples Health
- Coretta LaGarde, American Heart Association
- Patrick Landry, Fidelity Bank
- Ruth Lawson, Jefferson Parish Finance Authority
- Lesha Nugent Freeland, Keller Williams Realty
- Kimberly Rayford, InclusivCare
- Sarah Richmond, Magnolia Physical Therapy, LLC
- Malekah Salim-Morgan, Jefferson Parish Schools
- Javier Sanchez, OnPath Federal Credit Union
- Austin Schott, 1st Lake Properties
- Stuart Seiler, Urban Systems
- Caitlin Sistrunk, Renaissance Publishing
- Jeffrey Southerland, Associated Professional Educators of Louisiana
- Charles Stewart, IBERIABANK/First Horizon
- Brandi Theard, OUTFRONT Media
- Sharon Truxillo, Cox Louisiana
- Brookley Valencia, Jefferson Chamber
- Jean-Marc Villain, Ochsner Health
- Noel Williams, Legacy Restoration and Referral, LLC
- Shawn Williams, Metairie Bank & Trust
- Toni Woodson, The New Orleans Fireman’s FCU
Applications for the Leadership Jefferson Class of 2022 opened on June 1, 2021. A selection committee will screen the applications and announce the new class in August.
For more information about Leadership Jefferson or to obtain an application, click here. The cost of the program is $1,550. An applicant’s company must be a member of the Jefferson Chamber in order to apply. Applications must be received by June 30, 2021.
About the Jefferson Chamber:
The Jefferson Chamber is a leading voice for Jefferson Parish’s business community. As a non-profit, membership-driven organization, the Chamber is an effective advocate for small and large businesses at the local, state and federal levels. The Chamber’s mission is to work for the advancement of the business community; to enhance the economic, civic and cultural environment; and to improve the quality of life in Jefferson Parish. The Jefferson Chamber is Four-Star Accredited by the U.S. Chamber of Commerce and was awarded the 2013, 2015 and 2019 Chamber of the Year Award by the Louisiana Association of Chamber of Commerce Executives in the Large Chamber Category.