Only minutes from New Orleans, the Tour de Jefferson family bike ride is truly a unique way to experience the scenery of Louisiana’s heartland!
Tour de Jefferson is a family-friendly social ride for cycling enthusiasts of all levels through Jefferson Parish. Riders choose from three different routes and end at the Fin du Tour Party in Parc Des Familles!
The goal of this ride is to continually enhance the awareness of quality-of-life amenities, recreational venues, and the Bicycle Master Plan in Jefferson Parish.
IT’S A FAMILY FRIENDLY EVENT!
- There must be one adult for every one child between the ages of 5 years old and 13 years of age. NO EXCEPTIONS!
- Children younger than five years old may not participate.
- Youth ages 5 to 9 must ride on a tandem bike, tagalong bike, or in a bike trailer.
- Youth ages 10 to 13 can ride their own bicycles, but must remain in close proximity to their adult guardian.
- Youth ages 14 to 17 can ride their own bicycles, but must be linked to a registered adult riding in the Tour de Jefferson event.
All riders must wear a helmet. Please review the ride agreement and waiver >
FOR YOUR SAFETY – RULES OF THE ROAD
FOLLOW THE LAW
Your safety and the safety of other bicyclists depend on you. You have the same rights and duties as drivers. Obey traffic signals and stop signs UNLESS a Jefferson Parish police officer is directing you otherwise. Ride with traffic and use the rightmost lane headed in the direction you are going.
Make your intentions clear to motorists and other road users. Ride in a straight line. Signal turns and check behind you well before turning or changing lanes.
If you need to stop, especially on the levee trail, please move as far off the trail as possible. If you are riding side by side, please allow others to pass.
Anticipate what drivers, pedestrians and other bicyclists will do next. Watch for turning vehicles and ride outside the door zone of parked cars. Look out for debris, potholes and utility covers. Cross railroad tracks at right angles.
KEEP YOUR COOL
Tour de Jefferson is the largest community event organized by the Jefferson Chamber of Commerce. Since it’s inception in 2006, Tour de Jefferson has become one of the premier cycling events in the region, bringing riders from around the country to Jefferson Parish each year.