Office Manager/Executive Assistant
This position ensures the effective operation of the Jefferson Chamber Office and manages timely/accurate completion of all financial and payroll duties. This position requires light bookkeeping entries/exports from sales software into QB and works with a contracted accounting firm and the Finance Committee Chairperson to present monthly and quarterly Financial Dashboards to the Chamber’s Board of Directors. The duties and responsibilities of this position are completed for the Jefferson Chamber, Jefferson Chamber Foundation and PAC.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Perform daily activities such as, entering and paying bills and exporting and posting deposits into QB. As well as working with the Special Events and Membership Director to manage the A/R lists.
• Communicate and work closely with the Chamber’s contracted accountant who prepares the monthly financial statements.
• Assist President of Chamber, Treasurer of the Board of Directors and Finance Committee Chairperson in the creation and management of operating policies and procedures as well as some financial matters.
• Attend monthly Board of Directors meetings to support the Treasurer in the presentation of the financials
• Transcribe minutes of Board of Directors meetings
• Serve as liaison to Finance/HR/Finance Committee and Legal and Insurance Review Committee
• Assist in preparation of the Chamber’s annual budget
• Create ad hoc reports as requested by the President, Board of Directors, office personnel and committee chairpersons
• Ensures job descriptions are kept up to date & handles staff benefit options
• Monitor office inventory, reorder supplies, postage & computer technology as needed
• Maintain all aspects of office technology, computer hardware and software and act as liaison to IT person
• Maintain records for all maintenance and service contracts
• Serve as Administrative Assistant to the President
Knowledge and Skills:
• 3-5 years bookkeeping experience preferred – A/R, A/P, budget preparation and ability to understand monthly financial statements
• Bachelor’s degree preferred
• Ability to think strategically, to understand the work of the President in regards to collaboration and cooperative involvement
• Excellent computer skills, including Excel, Microsoft Word and Quickbooks experience preferred
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Experience handling employee benefits, including insurance preferred
• Excellent organizational skills & ability to multi-task