In 2014, the Jefferson Chamber established the Awards Committee, made up of Chamber Member volunteers. The goal of this committee is to nominate fellow Chamber Members for national and local awards. This process involves identifying award programs, meeting and brainstorming members to nominate and working with the member on the award application process, which for some award programs, can be daunting.
The Jefferson Chamber is proud of its 2014-2015 award winners:
NATIONAL – U.S. Chamber Blue Ribbon Awards
We are proud to recognize our Jefferson Chamber members that were named Dream Big Blue Ribbon Small Business of the Year Award Winners in 2014 and 2015. Each year, 100 winners are chosen from a record number of applicants and distinguish themselves through their professional accomplishments, community leadership, philanthropy, customer service, and employee relations. Winners are recognized at America’s Small Business Summit each June.
One hundred winners were selected across the nation, and the three Louisiana businesses chosen were all Jefferson Chamber members!
- BooKoo Bounce
- FSC Interactive
- PosiGen Solar Solutions
One hundred winners were selected across the nation, and the two Louisiana businesses chosen were all Jefferson Chamber members!
- Strategic Planning Associates, LLC
- Cook Me Somethin’ Mister of New Orleans
REGIONAL – 2015 U.S. Small Business Administration Awards
These winners are selected by the U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) for their demonstrated staying power, growth, innovativeness, response to adversity, and contributions to their community. The winners were also recognized at the 2015 Louisiana Small Business Awards hosted by the Louisiana Economic Development department on May 5 in the Governor’s Mansion.
- Women in Business Champion: Kristen Preau-Moore, Cook Me Somethin’ Mister
- Family-Owned Business Champion: Courtney Davis, Bart’s Office Furniture Inc.
- Small Business Person of the Year: Todd Matherne, Renaissance Publishing
LOCAL – Jefferson Chamber Business Leadership Awards
To be considered for a Jefferson Chamber Award, the nominee must be a member of the Jefferson Chamber and excel in the following judging elements: Business growth and performance, business strategies and practices, innovative approaches, employee relations, response to adversity, and community service.
2014 Jefferson Chamber Business Leadership Award Winners
- Entrepreneurial Spirit Award: Jeris Freesmeier, State Farm Insurance
- Family-Owned/Home-Based Business of the Year: Daul Insurance
- Innovator of the Year: NOLA Motorsports Park
- Joseph Rault Community Leader of the Year: Leon Giorgio, Select Properties, Ltd.
- Minority/Women-Owned Business of the Year: Starr Textile Services
- Small Business of the Year: Universal Data Incorporated
- Large Business of the Year: Laitram
2015 Jefferson Chamber Business Leadership Award Winners
- Entrepreneur of the Year: Erik Frank, Your Nutrition Delivered
- Small Business of the Year, Presented by Goldman Sachs 10,000 Small Businesses: Gillis, Ellis & Baker
- Women Owned Business of the Year, Presented by Gambel Communications: Delta Personnel
- Family Owned Business of the Year: Hollis Companies
- Innovator of the Year: MobileQubes
- Large Business of the Year: Boomtown New Orleans
- Business Progress Award: Tim Paulin, BNI
- Joseph Rault Community Leader of the Year, Presented by Peoples Health: Mike Maenza, MMI Culinary