METAIRIE – The Political Action Committee (PAC) of the Jefferson
Chamber announced the endorsements of candidates on the October 12 ballot.
“As the largest parish in the Greater New Orleans region, Jefferson Parish is poised for tremendous growth and development,” said Nick Karl, Chairman of the PAC Board. “The PAC of the Jefferson Chamber continues to support sound business candidates that will improve the quality of life in Jefferson Parish.”
The candidates receiving the Jefferson Chamber PAC endorsement include:
- BESE District 1 – James “Jim” Garvey (Incumbent)
- BESE District 2 – Kira Orange Jones (Incumbent)
- BESE District 3 – “Sandy” LeBlanc Holloway (Incumbent)
- State Senator 9th Senatorial District – J. Cameron Henry
- State Senator 10th Senatorial District – “Kirk” Talbot
- State Representative 78th Representative District – John ‘Big John’ Illg
- State Representative 79th Representative District – “Debbie” Villio
- State Representative 80th Representative District – “Polly” Thomas
- State Representative 82nd Representative District – Charles A. Henry
- State Representative 83rd Representative District – James C. Simmons
- State Representative 84th Representative District – Timothy P. Kerner
- State Representative 87th Representative District – Rodney Lyons, Sr. (Incumbent)
- State Representative 94th Representative District – Stephanie Hilferty (Incumbent)
- State Representative 105th Representative District – Christopher J. “Chris” Leopold (Incumbent)
- Jefferson Parish Sheriff – Joseph Lopinto III (Incumbent)
- Jefferson Parish President – Cynthia Lee Sheng
- Jefferson Parish Councilman at Large Division A – Ricky Templet
- Jefferson Parish Councilman at Large Division B – Scott Walker
- Jefferson Parish Councilman District 1 – Marion Edwards
- Jefferson Parish Councilman District 2 – Deano Bonano
- Jefferson Parish Councilman District 4 – Dominick F. Impastato III (Incumbent)
- Jefferson Parish Councilwoman District 5 – Jennifer Van Vrancken (Incumbent)
For more information on the Jefferson Chamber-supported policy and legislation, please visit www.jeffersonchamber.org or contact Todd Murphy at (504) 835-3880 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
About the Jefferson
The Jefferson Chamber is a leading voice for Jefferson Parish’s business community. As a non-profit, membership-driven organization, the Chamber is an effective advocate for small and large businesses at the local, state and federal levels. The Chamber’s mission is to work for the advancement of the business community; to enhance the economic, civic and cultural environment; and to improve the quality of life in Jefferson Parish. The Jefferson Chamber is Five-Star Accredited by the U.S. Chamber of Commerce and was awarded the 2013 and 2015 Chamber of the Year Award by the Louisiana Association of Chamber of Commerce Executives in the Large Chamber Category.
For more information about the Jefferson Chamber, visit www.jeffersonchamber.org, and follow on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn.
About the Jefferson
Chamber Political Action Committee:
The Jefferson Chamber PAC, Inc. is a political action committee established as an independent, not-for-profit organization to endorse and support political candidates who support the mission of the Chamber. Membership is limited to members of the Jefferson Chamber of Commerce.