What’s on the Ballot 8/22/2017
- Angele Davis (Republican)
- Derrick Edwards (Democrat)
- Terry Hughes (Republican)
- Joseph D. Little (Libertarian)
- Neil Riser (Republican)
- John Schroder (Republican)
- Dominick F. Impastato (Republican)
- Daniel R. “Danny” Martiny (Republican)
- Mona Santiny (Republican) UNOPPOSED
- Constitutional Amendment 1: Exemption of Property Taxes for Construction Sites
- Would create a property tax exemption on materials and other property delivered to a construction site to be made part of a building or other construction.
- Constitutional Amendment 2: Homestead Exemption for Unmarried Surviving Spouse
- Would expand an existing property tax exemption for the total assessed value of the property of the unmarried surviving spouse of a person who died while on active duty as a member of the U.S. armed forces or LA National Guard, or while performing duties as a state police officer or a law enforcement or fire protection officer who qualified for state supplemental pay.
- Constitutional Amendment 3: Dedicate any New Taxes (Gas) Into the Construction Sub fund
- Would dedicate the proceeds of any new gasoline tax to be used exclusively for project delivery, construction, and maintenance of highways. Currently assessed gasoline tax revenues are used for several other purposes, including funding ports, airports, and state police.
- Millage Renewal MITS Public Transportation Proposition (Parish wide)– video explanation
- Millage Renewal Public Transportation Proposition (Parish wide)– video explanation
- Millage New Sewerage District 1 Maintenance Proposition (Harahan – Precincts H001 – H009, 125 partial)
- be 17 years old (16 years old if registering in person at the Registrar of Voters Office or at the Louisiana Office of Motor Vehicles), but must be 18 years old to vote
- not be under an order of imprisonment for conviction of a felony;
- not be under a judgment of full interdiction for mental incompetence or partial interdiction with suspension of voting rights;
- reside in the state and parish in which you seek to register; and
- must be registered at least 20 days prior to an election if registering through our GeauxVote Online Registration System or 30 days prior to an election if registering in person or by mail registration to be eligible to vote in that particular election.
- Apply online to register to vote or make changes to your registration.
Power Lunch featuring Todd Matherne 8/16/17
Power Lunch yesterday was such a great event! We wanted to give Todd Matherne of Renaissance Publishing a huge shout out for being a great guest at Power Lunch yesterday and Heritage Grill for being a fantastic host. And a big thank you to all the YP’s who took time out of their day to join us! The next installment will be announced soon via Facebook and email!
All About ACME… 8/9/2017
Thanks to all you YP’s out there who came out to the ACME Happy Hour last night! The response was so amazing! We hope you made some great connections and got to chow down on some of those delicious crawpuppies. Keep an eye out for the details for the next meet-up to be released soon!
Power Meetings and Power Poses- 8/3/2017
What an awesome turnout for our Body Language seminar last week at the Forum. You guys are super awesome. We hope that you are putting some things you learned in motion this week. Please let us know what success you are having with your new moves!
Increasing Visibility- 8/1/2017
Have you checked out our JCYP Facebook page lately? You can see our most recent posts here on the JCYP page, but it would be even better if you would like and follow us. We will make sure to keep updating it- we promise!
Introducing… – 7/17/2017
Power Lunch is our new series, focused on connecting young professionals like you with high-level executives in our area. Our first installment is with Todd Matherne, CEO of Renaissance Publishing, with new guests every…single…month! This is a very small event with an attendance cap, so make sure you are on your toes when the next session gets announced!