1. These guys will be addressing all of the myths. Let’s be honest, there are a number of reasons why you have never considered opening a franchise. The good news is that most of the reasons are incorrect. The expo will be providing insight in separating true from false.
2. There will be national companies at the event looking to expand in the region. This could be your big opportunity to meet the right people. These companies will include damage restoration, light manufacturing, marketing, b2b &b2c concepts, senior care, cleaning, and staffing.
3. Not all franchises will require a full-time owner. One of the biggest trends is semi-absentee-ownership. An owner can work as little as 15 hours a week and leave much of their daily tasks to an in-store manager. This is great for entrepreneurs who want to keep a regular job!
4. You will be in great hands. The expo is being hosted by FranNet. Based in Louisville, Ky., FranNet has more than 85 consultants across its network who use a proprietary profiling and consultative process to determine a business model unique to each client’s goals, skill sets and interests, and have matched thousands of entrepreneurs to rewarding small business opportunities. This is not some fly-by-night company. These people know what they are doing!
5. It’s being supported by the Jefferson Chamber. Okay so this one is a little biased but, hey, we are writing this article! Continuing with our mission of improving business and improving lives, the Jefferson Chamber recommends this event to all who have shown an interest in operating a franchise. The more strides we take in economic development, the more Jefferson Parish will grow. It’s a win for everyone.
The expo will be held from 5:00 pm to 7:30 pm at The Cannery at 3803 Toulouse Street, New Orleans on Wednesday, January 9th 2013. To register click here or call (504)304-2910.