(AVONDALE, La) — The Jefferson Parish Economic Development Commission (JEDCO) and the Jefferson Chamber of Commerce are pleased to announce the 2018 Prosper Jefferson lineup. The organizations created the monthly seminar series in 2015 to educate, inspire, and assist small business owners in Jefferson Parish.
JEDCO and the Jefferson Chamber will host 11 Prosper Jefferson seminars in 2018, featuring presenters from the Greater New Orleans business community. Each monthly event will highlight an informational topic to assist our local businesses in achieving growth and success.
In order to give attendees a well-rounded educational experience, this year the Prosper Jefferson seminars will be segmented into a smaller set of mini-series spanning three months. This will allow business owners to dive deeper into important topics, such as the full lifecycle of a business from start to finish, developing impactful and well-rounded marketing strategies, and creating a positive work environment for employees.
See the full list of seminars below:
- JANUARY 31 (Westbank): Navigating Workplace Sensitivity Panel
- FEBRUARY 21 (Eastbank): Life Cycle of Business, Part 1: How to Start a Business in Jefferson Parish
- MARCH 28 (Westbank): Life Cycle of Business, Part 2: How to Grow your Business
- APRIL 25 (Eastbank): Life Cycle of Business, Part 3: Small Business Succession Plan
- MAY 30 (Westbank): Building your Brand, Part 1: Social Media Workshop
- JUNE 27 (Eastbank): Building your Brand, Part 2: Public Speaking
- JULY 25 (Westbank): Building your Brand, Part 3: Public Relations 101
- AUGUST 29 (Eastbank): Sales
- SEPTEMBER 26 (Westbank): Happy, Healthy Workplace, Part 1: Leadership
- OCTOBER 31 (Eastbank): Happy, Healthy Workplace Part 2: Company Culture
- NOVEMBER 28 (Westbank): Happy, Healthy Workplace, Part 3: Healthy Business Initiatives
In addition to bringing expert speakers from around the region to educate small business leaders, the Prosper Jefferson seminars will also feature local resource partners that can support business growth in the region. Each month, the organizations will invite a different resource group, such as the Louisiana Small Business Development Center and the Goldman Sachs 10,000 Small Businesses Program at Delgado Community College, to highlight their support services and connect with attendees.
All seminars will be held from 8:30 am to 10:30 am at either the JEDCO Conference Center on the West Bank or Entergy on the East Bank. The event is $5 to attend and will cover the cost of a hot breakfast for guests.