The Jefferson Chamber Foundation’s Leadership Jefferson program presented its 2020 class with graduation plaques after the Closing Retreat at The Moore on Tuesday, October 6. Due to COVID-19, the Class of 2020’s Community Involvement session and Closing Retreat were postponed until September and October. The Class of 2020 will celebrate a formal graduation dinner in January 2021.
Leadership Jefferson is a nine-month program designed to develop a diverse network of dedicated business and community leaders with the capacity to improve the quality of life for all citizens in Jefferson Parish and the Greater New Orleans region.
Facilitated by professional leadership team The Slone Group, the interactive workshops expose participants to local leaders and activists working to resolve critical issues facing Jefferson Parish. Leadership Jefferson utilizes several personal, social, and civic developmental processes as part of its program. Specific session topics include education, healthcare, quality of life concerns, criminal justice, diversity and economic development.
Leadership Jefferson offers its participants networking opportunities, enhanced understanding of the challenges and opportunities facing Jefferson Parish, and an opportunity to become more actively involved in working to improve Jefferson Parish.
Leadership Jefferson 2020 Graduates:
- Emily Anderson, Jefferson Chamber
- Jose Araujo, Bourgeois Bennett, CPAs & Consultants
- Louis Bartels, Fidelity Bank/NOLA Lending Group
- Dominique Becnel, Gambel Communications
- Sara Bradford, GNO, Inc.
- Valerie Brolin, Jefferson Parish
- Zach Butterworth, Butterworth Strategies
- Lauryn Donaldson, Ochsner Health
- Joshua Dupuis, Acadian Ambulance
- Michelle Gonzales, Jefferson Parish
- Nick Gremillion, Peoples Health
- Kevin Guitterrez, Louisiana Association of Public Charter Schools
- Alyssa Herbert, Metairie Bank & Trust
- Casey Hunnicutt, BW Terminals
- Celeste Favrot, 1st Lake Properties/Favrot & Shane Co.
- Michael Flowers, Michael Flowers Insurance Agency, LLC
- Derrick James, New Orleans Saints & Pelicans
- Mary Martens, JEDCO
- Mallary Matherne, Renaissance Publishing
- Daniel Maurin, IBERIABANK
- Brad Melancon, OUTFRONT Media
- Gabrielle Misfeldt, Jefferson Parish Public School System
- Michael Morse, Postlethwaite & Netterville, APAC
- Tricia Philpott, Lakeside Shopping Center
- Tiana Randolph, InclusivCare
- Melody Reed, United Way of Southeast Louisiana
- Daniel Russo, ASI Federal Credit Union
- Shelsey Salgado, New Horizons Computer Learning Centers
- Billy Schmidt, First American Bank & Trust
- Teasha Sepulveda, Jefferson Financial Federal Credit Union
- Beau Tichenor, Atmos Energy, Inc.
- Roselle Ungar, Jewish Family Services of Greater New Orleans
Applications for the Leadership Jefferson Class of 2021 were held in July, and the new class was announced in August.
For more information about Leadership Jefferson, click here. The cost of the program is $1,550. An applicant’s company must be a member of the Jefferson Chamber in order to apply.
About the Jefferson Chamber:
The Jefferson Chamber is a leading voice for Jefferson Parish’s business community. As a non-profit, membership-driven organization, the Chamber is an effective advocate for small and large businesses at the local, state and federal levels. The Chamber’s mission is to work for the advancement of the business community; to enhance the economic, civic and cultural environment; and to improve the quality of life in Jefferson Parish. The Jefferson Chamber is Four-Star Accredited by the U.S. Chamber of Commerce and was awarded the 2013 and 2015 Chamber of the Year Award by the Louisiana Association of Chamber of Commerce Executives in the Large Chamber Category.